The Social Security Disability Process
- Contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or visit them on line at www.socialsecurity.gov.
- Complete the Social Security Disability application. The Social Security Disability applications are sent to the Disability Determinations Services (DDS) Offices located in Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and Metairie for the disability determination. After the medical evaluation is complete the Social Security Disability claim is sent back to the appropriate Social Security Office for final processing of the decision.
- For information about your Social Security Disability application at a Disability Determination Services Office in Louisiana:
- Parishes surrounding Baton Rouge office number: 1-800-256-2288.
- Parishes surrounding Shreveport office number: 1-800-256-2266.
- Parishes surrounding New Orleans office number: 1-800-256-2299.
If you appeal your Social Security Disability denial the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review will schedule the appeal hearings. The Office of Disability Adjudication and Review which services the Dallas region which includes Louisiana is:
SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review Suite 460 1301 Young Street Dallas, Texas 75202-5433 Telephone: (214) 767-9401 Fax: (214) 767-9407
Regional Office in New Orleans, Louisiana SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review Suite 1600 1515 Poydras Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 Telephone: (504) 589-2418 Fax: (504) 589-4585
Services the following Social Security Field Offices: LOUISIANA: Houma, Morgan City, New Orleans, New Orleans-Bywater, New Orleans-West B
Regional Office in Shreveport, Louisiana SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review Louisiana Tower, Suite 700 401 Edwards Street Shreveport, Louisiana 71101-6129 Telephone: (318) 676-3850 Fax: (318) 676-3889
Services the following Social Security Field Offices: LOUISIANA: Bastrop, Minden, Monroe, Ruston, Shreveport, Tallulah TEXAS: Longview, Marshall